There are many ways to lose weight. A proper diet and a healthy lifestyle clearly will help you to lose weight. And there are also some patients who undergo bariatric procedures to achieve ideal body weight.
However, as the body loses weight, your skin does not instantly get slimmer. This causes the skin to become sag in some areas especially on the arms or what is often called "bat wings".
Arm lift or "Brachioplasty" is a procedure to slim a sagged upper arm, especially in the back.
The right candidate to take this action is as follows:
- Patients who have sagging skin due to weight loss. It occurs more frequently with older patients due to natural aging which makes the skin loses its elasticity.
- Those who have excess arm skin and sagging muscles
- Patients who have undergone sports and diet.
What are the operating procedures for this Arm lift?
- The first step, making an incision design to determine the amount of skin removed and the scar line.
- The second step, anesthesia by general anesthesia or local anesthesia which also contains ingredients to reduce bleeding.
- In the third step, surgeons will make an incision to remove the skin along with the fat inside the body. The resulting scar leads elongated on the inside side of the upper arm.
- The fourth step, closing the incision. The incision will be closed with stitches.
Side effects of an arm lift?
Possible side effects are bruise sensation, swollen, tender and sensitive to the touch. If the patient has a keloid talent, sometimes a surgical scar such as hypertrophic scar or keloid occurs. Sensation and function disorder of the hand can also occur if there is a nerve injury. Therefore, it is best done by experienced plastic surgeons.
How is the healing process after arm lift surgery?
- Patients are allowed to go home immediately after surgery if the procedure is done as a single procedure, if it is done in conjunction with other procedures, they are referred for 1-day inpatient for observation.
- Patients are asked to wear pressure garments for at least 3 weeks or more.
- It takes at least 3 months to see the result.
- It takes 6-12 months to remove surgical scarring.
- Surgical scars can be treated by laser treatment at Ultimo Clinic.
If you think you have big with sagging arm skin, you are the right candidate to take this procedure.
For book appointments, you can book via online through this link.
See you soon at Ultimo Clinic