What is Breast Lift?
In general, pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight loss, gravity, and age can cause sagging breasts. There are several stages of Breast laxity, namely mild, moderate and severe. However, all of that can be overcome by breast lift surgery.
Breast lift or Mastopexy is an aesthetic plastic surgery to tighten the breasts by reducing the skin that accommodates breast contents, forming firmer breast tissues and positioning the nipples in an ideal location.
The purpose of this surgery is to form a beautiful breasts with a proportional size and good nipple position with maintained sensitivity, shape, and size that will last long.
This Breast Lift technique can be combined together with implant placement or Breast Augmentation.
The sagging skin will be cut to tighten the skin, which of course will automatically increase the breast. By cutting the breast’s skin, the nipple position will also rise and breast contents lifted. So the breasts become tight.
There are 2 common misconceptions of Breast lift.
- Breast lift surgery will not change the breast size. This action will only change the appearance of the breast, not the size.
- The breast lift procedure does not affect milk production. Thus, this surgery is safe for women who still want to have kids.
Appropriate conditions for Breast Lift procedures:
This surgery is for women who have sagging breasts, nipples are lower than the ideal position or point toward the ground, and even exceed the folds under the breast in an upright position, but the large volume of the breast is still quite satisfactory.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages and stop smoking for 2 weeks before surgery.
- Do not take vitamins or calcium or herbal medicines containing blood thinners for 1 week before surgery (except vitamin D).
- Patients are required to fast for 6 hours before surgery. Must not eat (including sweets) and drink (colored drinks and include mineral water).
- Patients should invite a companion to assist during the surgery and until the recovery period.
- Wear loose clothing, comfortable to wear and Button-Front clothes (such as shirts or skirts of material).
- Patients do not need to wear makeup and excessive nail coloring.
This surgery requires approximately 2 to 3 hours, depending on the level of technical difficulty.
Recovery is relatively quick. The client can resume activities after one week and can undergo total activity after one month. However, in the recovery period, you are asked to wear a supportive bra.
The swelling will heal after 3 weeks to 1 month. During the healing period, patients should avoid strenuous activities for 4-6 weeks. It is important for you to maintain a stable weight, stop smoking and live a healthy life. Because, gravity, pregnancy, aging, and changes in body weight can cause a decrease in breast tissue back – which can be overcome by implantation.