The announcement from the government of Indonesia about coronavirus (COVID-19) reminds us of the importance of protecting ourselves by searching for accurate information from reliable sources.
When outbreaks occur, there is a tendency that inaccurate information or commonly known as hoaxes will spread out and be shared, which can cause fear, stigma, and misinformation about self-protection from the disease.
The term coronavirus refers to viruses that are often found to infect animals and able to spread to humans. The coronavirus that is currently endemic (SARS-CoV-2) and causes COVID-19 is the 7th type of coronavirus that infects humans. The coronavirus that attacks humans was only discovered in the 1960s.
How does the coronavirus spread?
Transmission from human to human through droplets (saliva particles) when the patient sneezes or coughs.
How long does a corona incubate?
The incubation period is when the patient is first infected/exposed to the virus up to the initial symptoms are visible. The incubation period for the coronavirus is 2-14 days.
Who is most at risk of corona?
- Elderly aged 70 years and over
- People who have a history of other diseases such as diabetes or heart disease.
- People who have a history of pneumonia / respiratory illness
Surely Ultimo Lovers wondered if anyone had recovered from Corona?
Until early March, more than 68 thousand people out of a total of 126 thousand more patients, have been declared cured. The number of patients recovering is increasing every day. WHO states 80% of patients recover without the need for special care.
Is There a Drug or Vaccine?
There is no specific vaccine or treatment yet. However, symptoms caused by viruses can be treated. Treatment must be based on the patient's clinical condition. WHO declared Covid-19 as a pandemic or an epidemic that spread to various countries.
The general criteria for establishing a pandemic are:
- Viruses cause death
- Transmission of the virus from person to person continues uncontrolled.
- The virus has spread to almost the entire world
Ultimo Lovers can turn anxiety into a way to protect yourself, your family, and the community, especially by keeping your hands clean, personal hygiene and maintaining health.
Next is the video on how to wash hands properly.
- Routinely wash your hands with antiseptic soap.
- If washing hands are not possible, use a hand sanitizer with a minimum alcohol content of 60%.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1 meter from people who cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your hands, nose and eyes.
How is the ethics of sneezing or coughing right?
- Cover your mouth using a tissue or the inside of the elbow.
- Immediately throw the tissue into a closed trash can
- Wash hands immediately with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
Below are the symptoms of Coronavirus:
- Shortness of breath
- Throws up
- Sore throat
What to do if you have symptoms?
- Stay at home if your body condition is not fit so as not to infect others.
- Use a mask and keep ethics sneezing/coughing.
- Contact 112 & 119
- Tell the complete physical condition and travel history.
- The authorities will direct you to the hospital and appropriate actions.
Please double-check any information you get and only trust information from reliable sources such as WHO and official bodies.
Well, Ultimo Lovers, let's take care of the environment wherever you are and share this article.
Share is caring, caring is love.
Stay healthy and fabulous ultimo lovers.